A FOUR-PHASE METHOD
We have designed an original engagement methodology adapted both to the market and to the life cycle of a company. The Zalis method is based on combining conventional company management procedures with:
- Project management methods applied to the whole company (including: assignment, goals, team, schedule divided into phases and tasks);
- Key priorities adapted by Zalis: choosing risk management as an indicator for strategic decision making;
- Thorough and clear presentation of findings and recommendations: through checklists (divided into phases/tasks/deliverables/validation).
1 Preliminary analysis
Within a few days
- Identify the issues, evaluate the relevance of intervention and draw up possible solutions.
2 Project construction and diagnosis
Within a few weeks
- Investigation and diagnosis of the situation;
- Recommendations, action plans (elements to incorporate into the future Business Plan);
- Put together an intervention team;
3 Implementation and steering of Operations
Within 3 to 18 months
- Implement the plan, coordinate actions;
- Motivate teams, communicate with shareholders;
- Coach executives and middle management;
- Update Business Plan.
4 End of assignment
Within a few months
Anticipated in advance since the steering phase
- Organise the hand over;
- Possible recruitment, transfers;
- Assess results.