After managing a number of technology companies and starting several more of his own, Daniel Cohen founded Zalis in 2001, bringing his operational expertise to the consulting arena.
2001 to 2003: Zalis begins its activity with a focus on technology sectors:
- Creation of the company by Daniel Cohen in 2001;
- First rescue assignments of high tech companies.
2004: Zalis increases in both client size and assignment scope:
- Acquisition by one of our clients.
2005/2006: Zalis diversifies and internationalizes:
- The automotive industry in Poland, with an assignment in crisis management and an industrial site takeover;
- The media sector in France and Canada, with an assignment in operational management and acquisition supervision;
- French manufacturing, with a turnaround assignment covering several industrial sites;
- The services sector, with an assignment to assist an SME to manage a situation of rapid growth.
2007/2009: Expansion of the scale of assigments:
- Renowned assignment in the hotel industry for Royal Monceau, with the implementation of a team of up to 18 different people;
- Restructuring assignment with the French housing construction leader, Geoxia.
2009: Zalis ranked #2 in French restructuring sector.
2009/2010: Zalis signs a partnership agreement with Attali & Associés, one of France’s most esteemed political advisors.
2012/2013: a year with very diverse assignments :
- Tourism / Leisure industry in France with a turnover of 450 M€. Assist the Chairman of the Executive Board of a Group with financial difficulties and management of operational functions;
- Bank / Finance industry in France with a turnover of over 1 B€. Our assignment : change management & Development strategy.
2013/2014: Zalis pursues its international ambitions by opening an office in New York and expanding its Paris team.
- Higher Education in France with a turnover over 500 M€. We provided strategic support and change management;
- Heavy industry in France with a turnover over 500 M€. We assisted in the turnaround and restructuring of the company;
- New technologies sector in the US and Canada with a turnover under 50M€. We supported the structuring of the company and provided fundraising support.